Complementary programs/degrees to Management of Aging Services:
- Business Technology Administration
- Biology (pre-physical therapy, pre-pharmacy, pre-med, nursing school)
- Health Administration and Policy
- Information Technology
- Social Work
How can YOU fill the gap?
By providing the necessary services allowing them to do so!
Potential settings for Erickson School graduates include:
- For-profit businesses (marketing, real estate, law, financial services, travel)
- Non-profit organizations (healthcare administration, education, advocacy, social work)
- Public sector (policy analysis and development)
WHERE is the need?
- Worldwide, the 60+ age group is growing twice as fast
- By 2015, 50+ age group will account for 45% of the total population
- 85+ age group is the fastest growing segment of the population
- 50+ age group is responsible for over 50% of buying power
- In a survey conducted by AARP, 89% of people aged 50+ said they would prefer to remain in their own homes indefinitely as they age