Complementary programs/degrees to Management of Aging Services:
- Business Technology Administration
- Biology (pre-physical therapy, pre-pharmacy, pre-med, nursing school)
- Health Administration and Policy
- Information Technology
- Social Work
How can YOU fill the gap?
By providing the necessary services allowing them to do so!
Potential settings for Erickson School graduates include:
- For-profit businesses (marketing, real estate, law, financial services, travel)
- Non-profit organizations (healthcare administration, education, advocacy, social work)
- Public sector (policy analysis and development)
WHERE is the need?
- Worldwide, the 60+ age group is growing twice as fast
- By 2015, 50+ age group will account for 45% of the total population
- 85+ age group is the fastest growing segment of the population
- 50+ age group is responsible for over 50% of buying power
- In a survey conducted by AARP, 89% of people aged 50+ said they would prefer to remain in their own homes indefinitely as they age
What Can I Do With My MAgS Degree? Management of Aging Services Career Options:
- Indeed.com – Aging Services
- “Learn About Careers in Aging”
- Linda Wiener: Careers in Aging – A Booming Industry
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Social Work
Business of Aging
The Business of Aging Diagram provides you with various career resources in aging. Click on the links to view the career listings in that particular field. Resource articles are also listed as well as a list of all of the links.