How to Apply
UMBC has a centralized application process.
Before starting, we recommend you go through the guidelines.
Applicants will need to submit the following to complete an application for the program:
Paper Application Form
- Application form (online only)
- Professional resume
- Three professional or academic letters of reference (if submitting paper references, attach this recommendation form to each of them). Please go through the recommendation guidelines.
- An official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended
- Residency form (domestic students only)
- Financial responsibility form (international students only)
Application requirements for the MAgS program differ slightly from the standard UMBC grad school requirements.
- Do NOT answer the essay question found on the UMBC Graduate School Application.
Instead, write two 300-350-word essays (topics stated on online form).
- GRE/GMAT scores are NOT required.
- TOEFL score is mandatory only if you are an international student.
Here’s a list of FAQs.
If you still have doubts, drop us an e-mail via our contact us page.